Let me guess, your wallet looks like a million trucks tested it’s strength to keep your money, and you’re wondering how to clean your leather wallet? Well, if that is the case, this blog is written just for you.
How to clean leather wallets is something we all have thought about, and to “clean it easy” is usually the priority, right? Well, don’t worry – you don’t have to buy a new wallet just because it looks crap right now, we can fix it to look brand new (almost).
How to Clean Leather Wallets at Home!
Like I said, it’s easy – but there are a couple of methods. I rank them by efficiency – because that’s what matters, right? We want to be quick and effective while doing something like cleaning our leather wallets.
The Thorough Cleanup
I like this method, it’s simple – effective, and takes around 40 minutes to get done.
- First it is necessary to take out all the things out from your wallet- like money and cards.
- Then clean out the dust from the wallet completely.
- For some dust particles left in the corner use straw or dryer.
- Take some clean and fine cloths.
- Clean your wallet from the outer side- roughly. To avoid the basic dust.
- Then use a leather cleaner- a proper one and clean it efficiently. Don't leave any corner or side. Clean it properly until you get satisfactory results.
- It's optional but clean your wallet again with a cotton bud- just for the corners.
- Use a leather conditioner to give it's shine back.
- Don't use the conditioner directly on the wallet but on the cotton or cloth so the color of leather doesn’t change or anything.
- Let it dry.
The Quickest of All
Sometimes we don't have enough time to do all that work as we are living in a world where taking rest is not that easy especially if you are a student or a person from a strict job so there are easy and quick ways as well to clean your wallet.
Just simply boil the water and let it cool down a little bit or simply heat the water- take medium warm water and a cloth and simply clean the exterior part with a dishwashing soap and then clean it again with a dry cloth it will be good. Let it dry for a while and use it again normally.
Well, if you have a thousand dollar leather wallet, and due to some reasons it didn’t get the time to age and is ruined right now – maybe don’t consider cleaning it at home. A professional would charge less than 20 bucks to get it cleaned up. That’s not a big investment if you have already spent a thousand dollars.
Well, if your wallet is beyond repair – for example if the leather is coming off, or the color has faded, maybe the sections are destroyed. It’s time to get a new one. There is a variety out there, but you might love what we have in store (and one sale). Check that out, and If you found this article helpful make sure to visit our blog section for more epic content on men’s fashion, lifestyle hacks and tricks.