With the increasing diversity in fashion, bow ties are starting to become a popular fashion statement. Bow ties are mostly worn on formal occasions, such as wedding ceremonies, galas, etc. However, their vast variety of colors, patterns, materials, and designs let us create various stylish outfit ideas for formal occasions as well as casual events.
When to wear a bow tie?
Bow ties, because of their formal appearance, are mostly worn at fancy events. However, men with unique styles also love pairing semi-formal or casual outfits with different patterns and colors of bow ties. This allows them to speak volumes about their personalities through their dressing styles, exhibiting creativity and grace. Once you know when to wear a bow tie, you must also know how to pull off different looks with a bow tie.
6 unique ways to wear a bow tie
Here are some unique ways to wear a bow tie with your outfits.
The ultimate formal attire
The formal and luxurious appearance of bow ties makes them a popular choice for fancy events. If you dress up this way, you can exude grace and elegance at your events.
Wear a charcoal-colored suit, a white dress shirt, and select a similar grey shade of bow tie. You may also select a black bow tie.
No matter how fancy an occasion is, this outfit will always be the best option for you.
Can you wear a bow tie with a blazer?
Suits are formal attires that are commonly worn on business occasions, weddings, etc. However, if you want to dress for semi-formal or casual events this winter, such as birthday parties, Christmas celebrations, or just for the sake of looking good, you might wear a blazer. But can you wear a bow tie with a blazer? The answer is ‘yes’ because the right type of colors and patterns can help you pair your blazers with your favorite bow ties to look unique and stylish.
Here are a few ways that you can pair your bow tie with your blazer to achieve an amazing look:
- Wear a dark gray blazer on a white dress shirt. Navy blue jeans, and finish off with a navy-blue bow-tie. With this combination of colors, you will end up looking decent and graceful. Check out our oxford dress shoes to complete this look.
- Wear khaki dress pants, a khaki waistcoat, and a light gray blazer. Complete your look with a charcoal-colored or a navy-blue bow tie.
Match your bow tie with suspenders
You will certainly look amazingly fashionable with this style. Wear a pale dress shirt tucked inside your pants, a dark-colored plaid jacket, and denim jeans. Wear dark brown suspenders and pair them with a matching bow tie. You can choose different patterns for your bow ties, such as polka dots, stripes, checkered, etc.
Wooden bow ties for formal and casual looks
With the increased variety of bow ties, you can also find bow ties carved out of wood. For a formal appearance, you can wear a dark blue, light gray, or a dark gray suit with a white dress shirt and a wooden bow tie for a neat and elegant look.
Check out our handmade American black walnut wooden bow tie that comes with a pocket square, cuff-links, and a wooden lapel pin set.
For a casual look, you can wear the wooden bow tie with a button-down shirt with polka dots, a navy-blue blazer, denim jeans, and brown suede shoes.
Feather bow ties with a pop of color
If you want a luxurious look with a pop of color with your formal attires, you can substitute your regular bow tie with something better: a feather bow tie! Feather bow ties are meant to be worn on extremely formal occasions, and a good feather bow tie exudes charm and confidence.
You can play with various contrasts and patterns at this point. You can wear a dark blue suit with a vibrant green feather bow tie, a black suit with a black and white striped bow tie, a skin-colored suit with a dark brown, polka dots bow tie. The choices are endless. The trick is to play with contrasts and patterns.
If you are looking for high-quality feather bow ties, our collection of feather bow ties is handcrafted with care and precision.
What to wear with a red bow tie?
Wearing a dress bow tie can certainly attract attention, however, deciding what to wear with a red bow tie can be difficult. The following ideas can help you achieve amazing looks with red bow ties.
- Wear a pure black suit with or without a black waistcoat, black leather shoes, and complete your look with a red bow tie. With this outfit, you will be the center of attention at any formal event. Moreover, you can also look gentlemanly by wearing your red bow tie with a light grey plaid suit. Our pre-tied velvet bow tie with cufflinks & pocket square comes in a variety of colors, including red.
- Wear a navy-blue suit with a white dress shirt. Select a red bow tie with a red checkered pocket square. Check out our collection of hand-kerchiefs and pocket squares to choose the right one for you.
- For a less formal look, wear a navy-blue blazer, light grey chinos, white dress shirt with a checkered red bow tie.
Fashion is all about communicating your personality with your dressing style and wearing a bow tie can bring the right amount of uniqueness and creativity to your style. However, make sure that you choose the right type of colors, patterns, and materials. A friendly tip: do not combine more than 4 colors to your overall outfit for an elegant appearance.